What You Need To Know:
- Zika is spread mostly by the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito. These mosquitoes bite during the day and night.
- It is primarily transmitted to people through the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito.
- It can also be transmitted through sexual intercourse.
- Men should also be concern, as he could potentially infect his sexual partner and put their unborn baby at risk, should he already be infected by the Zika Virus.
- Symptoms are usually mild. Eighty percent of people who have been infected never have symptoms. In those who do, the most common symptoms are fever and rash, while it can also cause muscle and joint pain, headaches, pain behind the eyes and red eyes according to the World Health Organization (WHO).